Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone.

Through the streets of an abandoned city.  No noise except for a broken record.  The sent of rotten food, the taste of ash in my mouth, and a fire burning is coming from somewhere off in the distance.

I walk alone.

Soon I come to a point where there are no more buildings.  No more sounds.  Not even the sent of rotting food.  There is just nothing.  As far as I can see, nothing.  I am completely and utterly alone.

As I continue down this long road I realize I can no longer remember what life was like before I began walking.  I can not remember the taste of food, the sound of music, the touch of grass. Nothing.  My mind can only think of the emptiness and loneliness that surrounds me.  No matter what I do I can't, and never will be able to escape this dark nothingness. 

I walk alone

2 comments:

  1. Deep. Where is the rotten food coming from? What's the broken record? Is there anything else that could be there? Do you feel like someone is watching you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you make it so the person is completely alone. Your visual wording is well placed.

    ReplyDelete