Sunday, December 4, 2011

IHDNAG

I keep forgetting to make my bed.  And to do my homework.  And to always say please and thank you.

I forget the little things.  As well as some big things.  I keep forgetting why i'm here, and what i'm supposed to do.

We are all here for a purpose, but sometimes that purpose is blocked by all our questions.

We forget that it doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, what you have done, or what you are doing now.  We all have the potential to do some good to this world.  So the question isn't When will my time come?

The real question is When will we own ourselves completely.

Everyone has their own excuses.  And those people with excuses are the ones that will not shine in this world but diminish in their own sadness and regret.

Death takes form in different ways.  The most obvious one, of course is physical death.  But what happens when death finds your passion, or your inspiration?  That is what happens to the people who lose sight of the light and fall into an abyss of darkness.

I've made my fair share of wrong choices.  Many of which have made it harder for me to see the light.  But there is not a single choice that you can make that will block the light completely.  Only your excuses to be lazy instead of exceed to your full potential can do that.

If I have learned one thing in my 17 years of existence, it is that everyone dies.  Sometimes death finds us sooner than expected.  So why waste your days in misery making up excuses when that day could very well be your last.

This post probably makes no sense to most people.  Hell, it doesn't even make much sense to me.  But interpret as you want.  The point is, tonight is not the last time I will see the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment